What is CogMAP™?
Why do you need CogMAP™?
• Why does one excel in some areas but struggle to master others?
• Why is one not motivated to learn? Or towards any particular task like reading or sports?
• What is causing one to have difficulty in concentrating or focusing?
• Why is one able to remember so well in some situations but not others?
• Why is one so prone to making careless mistakes?
• What are the cognitive strengths one should exploit?
• Why does one need so much more time to complete a task than others?
• What is causing one to have low self-confidence or negative thoughts?
Your brain behaves like a muscle.
A person with weak stamina may not enjoy long-distance running. Another person who is not well-coordinated may not enjoy aerobics classes. Our physical fitness creates enjoyment in some physical activities but discomfort in others.
Through the use of an assessment tool like CogMAP™, you are able to get a glimpse into how your child’s or your own hidden cognitive skills are shaping your abilities and behaviours.
CogMAP™ measures the fitness level of your “mental muscles”, provides strategies to optimise performance and charts a personalised training plan to get you to the next level.
Our goal is to remediate cognitive weaknesses and consolidate mental strengths.
How does CogMAP™ do that?
Through a series of physical, table-top and app-based activities, your scores will be measured against that of those in the CogMAP™ database. This allows us to determine how you measure against a comparable population of the same age.
Who can use CogMAP™?
What specifically does CogMAP™ measure?
1) Focus and Memory
2) Visual processing
3) Auditory processing
4) Sensory-Motor processing
5) Social-Emotional processing
These 5 systems are important because they constitute our “biology of learning” and form the brain foundations for thinking, problem-solving and execution, hence together, they also form our intelligence network.
When should I take CogMAP™?
CogMAP™ is used to measure the brain fitness level of an individual prior to and after brain fitness training. Besides helping you to understand your child’s or your own unique brain fitness profile, it also allows objective measurement of improvement in cognitive skills after brain fitness training.
What is the process of CogMAP™?
A comprehensive personalised report of about 10-15 pages is generated for each individual which includes:
• An overview of the individual’s cognitive skills
• Learning abilities, behaviours and performance associated with each cognitive skill
• Recommended strategies based on each cognitive skill